Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Stuffed!

Journey update: I've had 2 cave in's with red meat :( The first time was with a Philly cheese steak sandwich, and I got through half of it before I was overwhelmed but what I knew was a cow.... my stomach was also a little unsettled  by the onslaught of cheese and meat.

And then there was last night :( the food was delicious (please see below for recipes!), but I had been red meat free for over a month! Then J-man brought out a cheese burger and I.... ate.... half.... of.... it..... I went to bed very disappointed with my self.


Other then that I'm still having fish every now and then and I'm sure there have been animal products in a few dishes. Overall I think I'm doing alright. I've lost a few pounds and my skin stays clearer longer. Ya plant power!



Ingredients:
2 Large Tomatoes
1/2 Cup Onion
1/2 Cup Zucchini
2 Mushrooms
1/2 Cup canned Corn
1/2 Package stuffing mix
2 t Olive oil

Directions:
Cut off the tops of the Tomatoes, scoop out the insides and save the juices.
Place upside down on a plate and let drain.
Dice Onions, zucchini and mushrooms then saute in olive oil with corn, cover till tender.
Mix in stuffing with seasoning and add some tomato juice .
Spoon mix into tomatoes and bake at 425 for about 8 minutes.




There was also rice with some peppers sauteed in salt and pepper and baked potatoes with a side of....
Cod

 Ingredients:
Cod
3 cloves of garlic
Oil
salt and pepper
lemon pepper

Directions:
Press cod between a paper towel.
Marinade with minced garlic, oil, salt and pepper.
 Make extra marinade to baste with every 5 minutes.
Sprinkle top with lemon pepper.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.



And I am proud to announce the tomatoes got a 10/10 and the Cod got an 8/10 !!!!!
I'm going to point out the veggies got the higher score :)








Simple Blue Martini

Equal parts,
Blue Hypnotiq:Coconut Rum

Shaken over Ice by the most handsome bartender ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment