Monday, July 11, 2011

Starting Fresh w/ Vegan Shephards Pie

Alright so a new store just opened up called "No Frills" and that's where I went with my extensive shopping list! I wasn't sure how difficult a task I had set for my self but it turned out to be super easy!









For some reason I thought it would be difficult to complete, and there were a few exceptions but other wise my fridge and pantry are stuffed!!!!












So with all my new ingredients I am going to make....

Vegan Shepherd's Pie

Ingredients

12 Potatoes
2  Veggie Ground Original (340g)
1 Green Pepper Chopped
2 Cloves Garlic
1 Small Yellow Onion
2 Cans Creamed Corn
375g Tomato Sauce
Salt 
3 Tbsp Vegan Butter ( I used Becel`s Vegan Brand)
3 Tbsp Vegan Sour Cream ( I had to use regular *sad face*)

Directions
- Preheat oven to 450*C

-Boil potatoes till they are soft enough to mash
-Mash'em and add in butter, sour cream and salt
-Saute onions then add pepper,garlic and tomato sauce
-Chop in Veggie Ground
I used an 8X8 Dish 4 Inches deep

the bottom layer is veggie,
a middle layer of creamed corn
and a top layer of potato

Bake until the potato looks golden and crispy!
Dig In!

These proportions will easily feed 8-10 ppl


The family gave this meal an 8 / 10 while the boyfriend said for a vegan meal it was "really very good!" but in comparison to a Keg steak it would have to be a 5...






1 comment:

  1. Looks delicious! I've had fantastic results with vegan Shepherd's Pie...definitely a winner.

    ReplyDelete